What was once a hobby and then a dream, became a reality in 2005 when I started my career as a professional photographer. I didn't know where it would take me, but I knew it would be the adventure of a lifetime. Photographing people and events has opened up my world beyond my wildest dreams. Making art from what I see has become a true calling, and one I strive to do better and better, shoot by shoot. Access is a privelege I take very seriously. Whether I am backstage at an event, in close proximity to a subject, or in the audience, my goal is to capture the true essence of what's happening before me. I love it, and I'll never stop doing it.
Photographer Brian Friedman started out as a road manager for the legendary jazz drummer Roy Haynes. But it was during Haynes’ 20-city tour, that Brian began photographing Roy and discovered his passion for image making that put him on a road to a new career. Since then, he has sharpened his skills and his eye to become recognized as a photographer of choice by noted entertainment personalities, corporate leaders, event planners and discerning individuals. His clients include iHeartRadio, Clearchannel Communications, NBC, CBS, 20th Century Fox, and comedians Brian Regan and Bill Burr, to name a few. Brian’s images have appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, People, Playboy, The Economist, and Pollstar to name a few. In 2007-2008 Brian had the distinct honor of photographing Barack and Michelle Obama for the Obama for America campaign. Recently Brian was given a 5 page live concert photography spread in M Music & Musician’s magazine – a first for that publication. To all of these assignments, Brian brings the same level of imagination and creativity that has distinguished his vision and his work for more than a decade.
1. Jazz is the soundtrack of my life!
2. I am a dog parent to my sweet little Miniature Schnauzer, Kennedy!
3. I photograph special occasions all the time. You can see my work here!
4. I married the woman of my dreams, Kaela, in 2016.
5. I love to drive with the heat on and sunroof open in the winter!
6. I know more about drummers and drumming than just about anything else.
7. I studied environmental science in college. Yes I was a tree hugger!
8. I've jumped out of an airplane twice in my life and I'd do it again!
9. My favorite place in the world is Hawaii.
10. Prior to pursuing my dream as a photographer I was Ray Romano's tour manager and a staff member on the show Everybody Loves Raymond.